In one week, on Tuesday, November 27, we’re joining a national day of generosity, #GivingTuesday. It’s a day when you can send a message of love, beauty, and hope to children living in a poor, rundown section of Steubenville, Ohio. Children like Rebecca,* age 2 1/2, and Henry,* age 3 1/2. Their parents approached us recently to have their kids start with us during this first year, but they aren’t able to afford even this year’s modest tuition.
And beyond this first year we have big plans for our little building in the heart of the Labelle neighborhood. We are planning a major renovation which will include:
- additional windows to let in more natural light,
- a reconfigured floor plan to better accommodate our programs,
- updated plumbing,
- a backyard garden area to introduce the children to planting and watching things grow,
- other things a 100 year-old building needs.
With your help this #GivingTuesday we’ll raise enough funds to provide needs-based scholarships to Rebecca and Henry and 3 of their friends:
- Consider becoming a Hilltop Children’s Champion by signing up as a monthly donor at just $20 a month.
- Consider making a gift of a one-time donation on #GivingTuesday
- Help us get the word out on social media using @HilltopChildrensHouse (Facebook) and @HilltopChildren (Twitter) with the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Take photos demonstrating why you love Hilltop Children’s House and post them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Commit to pray for Hilltop Children’s House and the children we serve. Our patron is St. Teresa of Calcutta.
With your support we can help give a brighter future to the children of our hilltop neighborhoods.