Like everyone else, we’ve closed down for the time being in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
But that doesn’t mean there aren’t things for the children to do!
We shared the below links and resources with the parens of our children, and thought maybe others would find them useful, too.
- Irish step dancing
- More Irish step dancing
- Austrian dancing with traditional dress
- More Austria Dancing
- Even More Austrian Dancing
- Irish (well, actually Scottish) music
- Austrian yodeling
- Maria von Trapp teaches Julie Andrews how to yodel
- National flower of Ireland: the shamrock
- National flower of Austria: edelweiss
- Short video about Ireland
- Short video about Salzburg, Austria
We use a moveable alphabet to help children learn to write. Here are two printable moveable alphabets. In our children’s house we use red for consonants and blue for vowels
This printable stamp game can be used to help the children learn math and writing numbers.
And with the arrival of spring we like to talk about different kinds of flowers and birds. We just started talking about how all animals are either vertebrates and invertebrates. Birds are one of the 5 types of vertebrates. This page shows 50 types of birds and what kinds of sounds they make. The maps also show the continents where you can find them!
We will post more, including resources on how to hunt bear, soon.